Wednesday, January 2, 2013

An Year gone By 2012 - No Rollercoaster this year!

At the stroke of Mid-night  of December the thirtyfirst,  when the world is sloshed with alcohol, debauchery, gluttony, I give my thoughts to thee….

New Years are just stupid milestones, everybody above 25 knows they are growing old! People just need reasons to celebrate…

The only thing I can say about this year is the “year that I got settled!”
Compared to last year’s roller-coaster this year was riding on a cushion of air! But what is life if it is monotonous ?

Jan-Feb: This year started with me being in Atlanta GA with my wife. It was not so cold but I knew I had a long journey. I would soon be staying with strangers and sleeping on floors in California.
New Job meant new work , newer friends, newer challenges. Some of them did work out well. “Keeping your head in sand and hoping something good will happen” did work for me.

Mar-Apr: Was a quiet spring time. Loneliness is not my cup of tea but I had to drink it and would continue drinking it….. Having an Apartment for yourself is good but…. After some point you need people.

May-June: There is no joy better than the joy of giving and meeting your loved ones…
Relationships are like weak threads and need to be strengthened ! Ego can make you go down so fast you won’t realize. And also you don’t get any younger, your birthdays are there to make you realize this! 

July-Aug: I realized that I still dream big and at times childish… thank god for that! Riding a motorbike in US was scary in the beginning! Driving on freeways at 90 miles/Hr.( 145km/hr.) is
Confidence comes only by experience. But fear of getting squished is always there.

Sept-Oct: I sometimes wonder how much money is enough money? The answer to this question lies in your mind! Mind it! I sometimes feel planning for the trip is more fun than the trip itself but if you are seeing strange lands it is completely different. This month laid the foundation for our future…at last we will be together.

November: This was the highlight-of-the-year month for me. Four months of meticulous planning unfolded here. So many things crammed in 3 weeks! Damn! I loved it!
Vacations for two people…Paris- my dream destination, Switzerland ,Italy, Diwali, stamping, Pune….Parents.. and above all my best friends…. Loved them all!
You never get bored with your best friends do you? 
I don’t believe that I became a house owner with loan for 15 years on my head! 

December: I felt the cold cloudy Los Angeles winter. Depressing at the best. But drove more than 2000 miles going in snow through 5 states.

Other than the said above:

1. This was the year of Memes!
2. Discovered that Windows Mobiles Suck! And Nokia screwed up and screwed me big time!
3. I would be spending most of my time on Facebook in coming future.
4. Investing in FB was a good decision :D
5. The Painter in me is still alive.
6. My French is not that bad.
7. Staying away from Amazon is not that hard!
8. Unlike last year I did not make any new friends!

Facts and figures for this year:

Places visited:
Mumbai, MH,
Pune, MH,
Seattle, WA,
Los Angeles CA,
San Francisco CA,
Breckenridge CO,
Atlanta GA,
Denver CO*3,
Moab UT,
Las Vegas NV*5,
Paris, il de France,
Milan Lombardy,
Venice,
Zurich,
Lucerne,
Vitznau,
Rigi,
Washington DC,
New York, NY,
Buffalo NY,
Baltimore, MD
New Jersey, NJ,
Philadelphia, PA
Sarasota FL.

Things got: 55” TV, Triumph Bonneville SE, House
Drove total of 60,000 miles in my car!

The End: Standing in Hard Rock Café in Las Vegas! Stomach burning with acidity! People dancing drunk like nuts! Indian single dudes wearing blazers waiting to hook up with some white chicks! I stood there with my wife looking at reflections of fireworks on glass buildings.....It was a good Year!

4 comments:

  1. I dont know what was better - the year you had that I just read about or the year you had that you wrote about!! :)

    Cheers and here's wishing an even more slam dunk 2013 :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. U2 dudeeee!!!!it was heart out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aadi.. congrats on your house! So happy for you and Aarthi. :)
    U did travel a lot too.. sounds like an awesome year.. heres wishing you all the good luck and happiness for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks dimple...happy New yr...n good luck to u tooo

    ReplyDelete